Monday, October 27, 2008

First Solids!

Our little baby girl is now being introduced to solid foods!! Where is the time going??! I can't believe Ellie is old enough to be eating from a spoon! I waited as long as I possibly could to introduce solids to her, but we felt so bad because every time Jeremy or I would eat something, Ellie would just stare so intently at it and then try to grab it out of our hands and put it in her mouth. I guess that is a good sign she is ready huh?! So, when Ellie was a little over five months old, we slowly started to give her a little bit of rice cereal here and there, letting her become used to and comfortable with eating it and getting the feel for it. We did this for a few weeks. Then, yesterday was the Big Day! Ellie got to eat some real food with actual flavor!!! We gave her some sweet potatoes and she loved them! I was kind of nervous about it, but she ate them like a pro! She of course wanted to hold the spoon and feed herself (little miss independent) so together we would put the spoon in her mouth as she ate every single bite! I think Ellie was definitely ready and excited about tasting something so yummy! Jer and I had so much fun watching her cute little self eat like a big girl! =)

Here are a few pictures of Ellie in action!




1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey Holly! I am so glad you found me, I have loved looking at your blog- your sweet little one is adorable, those eyes... oh, they are the heart-melting kind! It has been fun to catch up (Ha!) through your blog and see what your life is like, gosh, I can't believe your married with a sweet little munchkin of your own! I will definitely be checking in on your blog to see more of you guys.... hey tell your parents and Jimmy I said hi- it's been so long, time goes by so fast- too fast! Take care sweet girl, Annie
PS I love the sweet potato pics!